The purpose of this webinar is to increase participants’ knowledge around PTSD and its effects on the brain. It will also give participants the skills to work with and refer clients with PTSD.
1. Identify factors that make it critical for medical providers to address sexual trauma.
2. Identify symptoms of PTSD and how they present differently from other mental
3. Identify appropriate and effective questions to screen for trauma in patient
4. Identify validating and supportive statements to use when working with survivors.
5. Recognize potentially retraumatizing medical procedures.
6. Identify aspects of effective PTSD treatment, including referrals.