Special Hot Topics episode!
New York State Medical Treatment Guidelines Updates on our monthly Hot Topics.
Ready to learn more? Check out the Viscardi’s innovative trainings to get a firm understanding of New York State’s Medical Treatment Guidelines–one of the most important components of Workers’ Comp in New York State.
Claims Managers: viscardicorp.com/training-resources-claims-managers
HR Managers: viscardicorp.com/training-resources-hr-managers
Account Managers and Sales Execs: viscardicorp.com/training-resources-account-execs
Hello and welcome to this special edition of HotTopics. I’m your host Dana Pirrello and here’s what’s new in New York State’s Medical Treatment guidelines.
1. The New York State medical treatment guidelines set a single standard of medical care for specific injuries. They provide a playbook for how the injuries should be treated and what is and isn’t pre-authorized by the payor. A major expansion of the injuries and body parts that fall under the treatment guidelines is currently underway. Injuries to the Elbow, Foot, Hip, Ankle, Hand, Groin, Wrist and Forearm as well as Occupational Interstitial Lung Disease and Occupational/Work-Related Asthma, will become effective for dates of treatment on or after January 1, 2021
2. Additionally, Guidelines for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Acute Stress Disorder, and Major Depressive Disorder are likely to go into effect in 2021, once comments are received and incorporated.
3. I’m thrilled to announce that Viscardi’s innovative MTG trainings, specially tailored for HR managers, claims leaders and sales execs, launch this month. Like Hot Topics, the trainings are a quick and enjoyable way to learn about an essential part of the Workers Comp process. Find out more by visiting ViscardiCorp.com
4. In other important MTG news, the WCB’s new claims management system, called OnBoard, is nearing completion and will enter partial release in the spring of 2021. Providers will be able to submit prior authorization requests directly though the new portal.
5. The NYS MTG are constantly evolving to incorporate advancements and improve outcomes for all parties – at Viscardi, we recognize the NYS WCB for their leadership and forward thinking approach.
I look forward to seeing you for our next episode of Viscardi Hot Topics!