How to pronounce disorder?
This video provides examples of American English pronunciations of disorder by male and female speakers.
In addition, it explains the meaning of disorder through a dictionary definition and several visual examples.
IPA Transcription of disorder is /dɪsˈɔːrdɚ/.
Definition of disorder according to Wiktionary:
disorder can be a noun or a verb
As a noun disorder can mean:
1. Absence of order; state of not being arranged in an orderly manner.
2. A disturbance of civic peace or of public order.
3. A physical or mental malfunction.
As a verb disorder can mean:
1. To throw into a state of disorder.
2. To knock out of order or sequence.
If you’d like to test your pronunciation of disorder, check out Accent Hero’s real-time pronunciation feedback tool:
or our Android app: