My name is Xanthe Wyse. Diagnosed bipolar 1 disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), social anxiety disorder.
This video was recorded during an unmedicated mania episode in 2017. I am uploading it to show how much I change. I had lost weight off meds.
Some differences when I am in mania (before the crash):
– make more “eye contact” with camera
– confidence overrides my social anxiety
– lack of a filter – too honest
– defiant attitude
– ‘sexier’ look and movements
– talk faster & non-stop
– move more
– paint my nails (usually I don’t wear any)
– wearing my impulse buys (inexpensive symbolic jewellery)
– swear more
– tend to get in trouble for what I say and do
– impairment in judgement (did the lingerie dance on social media when someone dared me to)
– voice sounds posher
– more grandiose
Everything I said in the video was true though. I probably just might not usually say it. I was thinner off meds.