Claim one week of free access to the MedCircle library to access hundreds of exclusive videos like this one:
These are the 5 physical signs of unaddressed past trauma that most people miss.
Some people may not even realize that they have unresolved trauma. Whether it’s due to dissociation or other avoidance strategies, trauma and trauma symptoms often go unaddressed in trauma survivors. In this video, triple board-certified psychologist Dr. Judy Ho breaks down 5 physical signs of trauma that often go unnoticed.
She breaks down….
– What a chronic feeling of fight or flight feels like and why it’s a sign of unaddressed trauma
– Personal anecdotes from past patients who spotted these hidden signs of trauma and was able to overcome them
– Why chronic fatigue is a sign of unaddressed trauma
– Why chronic pain results from unaddressed trauma
– How unaddressed trauma affects children vs. adults
– How unresolved trauma affects the gut-mind connection and autoimmune responses
– Why unresolved trauma leads to migraines
About somatic experiencing therapy:
Somatic Experiencing (SE) therapy is a groundbreaking type of therapy that allows survivors to work through their trauma in a more digestible, gradual way. This body-focused therapy helps patients manage and overcome trauma through a focus on nervous system functions and physiological symptoms.
As a triple board-certified neuropsychologist, Dr. Judy Ho understands the impact of trauma on memory, and its relationship with our “fight or flight” response. In our MedCircle series, she sheds light on how somatic experiencing therapy uniquely maneuvers these functions of the human body to lead to better mental health outcomes.
Effective trauma therapy and trauma treatment looks different for everyone. This cutting-edge approach to trauma may be one you or someone you love can add to your treatment toolbox.